Does the idea of helping young people achieve things they never dreamed give you a buzz? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that believes in doing rather than just talking? Then we’d like to hear from you…
All of our jobs are advertised through our dedicated jobs site.
Voluntary placements with the DofE
We sometimes offer exciting opportunities for voluntary placements within our various offices. Find out more about this programme and current opportunities.
Jobs with our partners
DofE Licenced Organisations often have vacancies for roles to support the DofE in their area – from DofE Managers who are the main contact with the DofE Charity, to development workers and administrators. We publish them on this page when we are notified of them.
Please see below for details of any current vacancies and please ensure you apply direct to them.
If you are a Licenced Organisation or DofE centre with a current vacancy you'd like us to advertise (for free!), please email the details to webmaster@DofE.org
Current partner vacancies
Highgate School (London)
Head of Outdoor Education
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 p.a.
This newly created role will develop and run age-appropriate outdoor education programmes across the three schools in the Foundation, ensuring that they are varied, safe, exciting and motivational.
The School values its rich and varied extra-curricular and co-curricular programmes which currently include provision of the DofE, a Climbing Club and Mountain Leaders Society. This role will ensure that the programmes are cohesive and appropriately co-ordinated and will help to provide support to teachers who are encouraged to become involved in outdoor type activities.
An additional responsibility will be identifying opportunities to maximise the usage of the School’s own Outdoor Centre in Snowdonia National Park for the benefit of both the School and general public.
In addition to proven experience of planning trips and leading groups in challenging environments, successful candidates will have excellent communication and motivational skills to encourage pupils’ participation in activities.
Closing date: Closing date Midday Wednesday 5 June 2013. Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 17 June.
For further information and for details on how to apply, please visit http://www.highgateschool.org.uk/about-us/vacancies
Highgate School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
DofE CO-ORDINATOR, SEPTEMBER 2013
HEREFORD CATHEDRAL SCHOOL
Hereford Cathedral School seeks to appoint a DofE Coordinator to support the school’s DofE team from September 2013. The successful applicant will be pro-active, have responsibility for maintaining accurate database records, booking transport and accommodation, answering email and telephone queries, and ensuring the team is well supported.
The successful applicant should demonstrate:
- Ability to deliver training in a classroom environment and to interact with young people.
- Flexibility in order to meet the demands of our DofE calendar which will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays when required, and will involve overnight residential and camping stays. (Additional to the two days a week; this will be paid at an agreed daily rate)
- A personal passion for working in the outdoors.
- An outgoing, friendly and professional approach to work with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Current full driving licence, and access to own transport.
- Ability to organise and assist in the organisation of expeditions in the UK and abroad.
- The willingness to attend professional development courses.
- Current knowledge and/or experience of the DofE.
- Ability to supervise and lead groups of young people in an expedition environment.
- A valid First Aid Certificate.
They should also have at least one of, or working towards, the following qualifications:
- MLTB Summer Mountain Leader Award
- Walking Group Leader Award
- Basic Expedition Leader (BEL)
- D1 driving licence classification (minibuses)
The job will be contracted for minimum of two days (16 hours); school expeditions and trips will be additional to the two contracted days.
n application form can be downloaded from the school’s website www.herefordcs.com
Applications should be sent to The Headmaster, Hereford Cathedral School, Old Deanery, The Cathedral Close, Hereford HR1 2NG email email@example.com
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.
Registered charity number 518889