Advice and tips for DofE participants and Award holders
Finding a great job is not always easy and can feel frustrating at times. The jobs market is still very competitive and it may take a few applications before you are successful. Here the HR team suggest some useful tips to help you on your way…
Applying for a role
- Update your CV specifically for the job you are applying for.
- Be clear and concise in your CV and ask a trusted friend or two to check it and give you honest feedback.
- Add details of what you have learned through your DofE experiences – i.e. leadership, teamwork, independence.
Attending an interview for a Cotswold Outdoor role
- Prepare beforehand by finding out about the role and a little about the company.
- The interviewer is not trying to catch you out. Take your time and answer the questions confidently.
- Remember to use the experiences you have gained in your education and through your DofE if you have limited work experience.