Advice and tips for DofE participants and Award holders
We all know the job market is competitive. And you want to get a job that you can be proud of. We’ve come up with our top tips to help you make your applications, to help you stand out.
- Make sure your application form is up-to-date – we’d like to know what work you’re doing currently, or what you’ve done recently.
- Think about what will impress your potential employer.
- We want to know about your work experience, of course, but what else have you done? Always talk about your DofE Award. Your interviewer might be an Award holder too – we definitely have them in Halfords!
- Perhaps you’ve taken part in voluntary work, challenging projects, travel, sports or professional development. Your DofE Award should give you plenty of inspiration here.
- Bear in mind which job you’re applying for and make sure you tell us which skills you have that closely match what we’re looking for.
Top tips to remember…
- No need to rush. You can save your application in draft form and come back to it, and give yourself plenty of time to work on it.
- This might seem like common sense, but make sure you check for spelling mistakes and other errors. And no “txt spk”, please!