It’s going to be a busy summer this year as we ramp up to the start of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, starting on 28 July. Birmingham is welcoming around 6,500 athletes from around the world to take part in the biggest UK sporting event since the London 2012 Olympics!
As part of the Games, we want to let you know about an exciting event coming up that you can be involved in. On Saturday 6 August 2022 we are bringing together 222 young DofE participants and Award holders aged 18 and over from across the UK the opportunity to take part in an exclusive DofE event.
Through this event, you’ll be part of the legacy of Birmingham 2022.
The event will comprise of the following:
- Meet and Greet at PwC Headquarters with PwC, Youth Charter and DofE staff, with access to the Commonwealth Games Hub
- Networking opportunities with other DofE participants/award holders
- Exclusive free goody bag with lots of exciting freebies
- Experience the excitement of the Commonwealth Games with a free ticket to see an awesome sports event
- A chance to be involved in ensuring the Birmingham 2022 legacy pledge of engaging and inspiring 1 million children and young people in Birmingham in sport and physical activity is delivered
- Train travel expenses will be covered, with travel on public transport to and from the Games included in your Games ticket on the day of the event
If you are interested in being a part of the event, then please complete the Expression of Interest link on this page and we will be in contact with further information. If you have any questions, then please email [email protected].