Advice and tips for DofE participants and Award holders
Our dedicated People Team knows what makes for a great addition to our ever-growing crew! So, we’ve put together a few pearls of wisdom to help you find that perfect career!
We’ve seen the difference a DofE Award makes in our own team so make sure you shout about your DofE achievements – we want to know what skills you’ve learned, friendships you’ve formed, and the difference you have made in your community along your DofE journey.
Your application will also require an up-to-date CV and covering letter outlining why you think you’d be a great addition to the team!
Your application will be managed by our in-house recruitment team who will keep you informed of progress.
Alternatively, you can register to keep an eye on where your application is up to.
If you don’t see a role you like, register for Job Alerts to be notified when another that may interest you arises!
Writing your CV
Did you do something out-of-the-ordinary on your DofE? Our recruitment team receive hundreds of job applications each week, so with such tough competition for each role, it’s important you make yours stand out!
What to include:
- Achievements and successes within your previous roles, and challenges you overcame as part of your DofE.
- Your main responsibilities that are relevant to the role you’re applying for.
- What you get up to in your spare time (we like to get to know you as a person!) Tell us about your Skills and Volunteering sections.
- What you feel you could bring to the team, personally or professionally. What you learned about “you” when you went on your residential or on your expedition.
- Any ideas you already have that would add value to the department you’re applying for.
- Your reasons for leaving your current role (so that we know what you love… and what you don’t!).