The Skills section is all about developing practical and social skills and personal interests. By choosing to develop a particular skill you are not only developing a new talent but you will also boost your self esteem, develop practical and social skills and learn how to set and rise to a challenge. If this isn’t enough, it should also be good fun too!
From podcasting to playing a musical instrument, fine art to website design, there’s an endless list of the types of skills you can do, so have a chat with your Leader and other people in your community to find out what’s on offer!
What do you need to do next?
- Find out what you need to do in detail, including the process and timescales, on our Skills requirements page
- Check out the ideas in each of the skills categories of activity using the links below. Remember – you need to get your Leader to agree your choice and make sure it fits our requirements for the Skills section.
- Download a handy Skills section programme planner
- Download a list of programme_ideas_-_skills
- Develop a plan for a programme which is specific and relevant to you
- Once you’ve got your activity, Assessor and goals sorted, set up your plan in eDofE, get your Leader to approve them – and you’re good to go!
- Keep track of what you do using a Skills activity log.
Good luck and have fun!