Do you want to gain some skills to set you up for life? This is your chance!
The possibilities are endless and you should find a person, people or group local to you that could help. You should develop a programme which is interesting, relevant to you and will teach you new skills. Along the way you’ll have fun, make friends, learn new skills – or even share your own skills with others!
Here are just a few ideas of the sort of things you could do to get you started:
Skills for employment
- Learn how to write a letter of application for a job, complete a job application form and create a good CV
- Gain work experience in a range of careers that interest you
- Learn interview techniques and improve by videoing yourself and getting others to appraise you
- Consider where you might like to work by researching and interviewing people who work in different organisations
- Compile your own healthy eating recipe book including photos of the dishes you’ve made
- Research and prepare a series of healthy, low-budget meals
- Do a course on the importance of hygiene and safe storage of food and utensils
- Learn how to make a variety of cakes and hold a tea-party for friends
- Learn to download / upload music, photos and videos and make a digital scrapbook of a recent holiday
- Create a slide show using digital pictures you’ve taken, and present it to your group
- Create a short documentary on an issue you feel passionately about, and post it on you YouTube
- Create a series of podcasts on the best parts of your DofE programme
Remember, these are just a few ideas. Chat to your Leader, family, friends and people who’ve already achieved an Award to see what they’ve done and what opportunities are available in your local area.
Interested in Driving for your skill? Check out these pages for some great offers!
Don’t forget to check with your Leader that what you choose to do meets the DofE’s requirements for this section and your level.