Are you a promising musician? Or do you see yourself as the next Mark Ronson? This is your chance to have a go!
The possibilities are endless and you should find a person, people or group local to you that could help. You should develop a programme which is interesting, relevant to you and will teach you new skills. Along the way you’ll have fun, make friends, learn new skills – or even share your own skills with others!
Here are just a few ideas of the sort of things you could do to get you started:
Playing an instrument
- Learn to play the trumpet and and join a matching band
- Take weekly lessons and gain a grade
- Learn to play the drums and join a band
- Create instruments from household items and record a CD
- Learn about the equipment needed to DJ and how to use it. Join an online forum for advice
- Go on a DJ course and practise regularly
- Create your own mashups and produce an album
- Learn how to mix, scratch and blend two or more tunes together
Remember, these are just a few ideas. Chat to your Leader, family, friends and people who’ve already achieved an Award to see what they’ve done and what opportunities are available in
your local area.
Don’t forget to check with your Leader that what you choose to do meets the DofE’s requirements for this section and your level.