Volunteering is all about making a difference to other people’s lives. Getting off your sofa and taking time out to change things for the better can be great fun.
From conservation to youth work to fundraising for your favourite charity or caring for animals, there’s an endless list of the types of projects you can get involved in, so have a chat with your Leader and other people in your community to find out what’s on offer, what needs doing and who needs help!
If you can’t find a project you want to get involved in, why not set up a new one that will help your community? This can be on your own, with a couple of friends or even with your whole DofE group – your Leader can help you do this and may be able to act as your Assessor.
What do you need to do next?
- Find out what you need to do in detail, including the process and timescales, on our volunteering requirements page
- Check out the ideas in each of the volunteering categories of activity using the links on the right (remember – you need to get your Leader to agree your choice and make sure it fits our requirements for the Volunteering section)
- Download a handy Volunteering section programme planner
- Download a list of Volunteering section ideas
- Develop a plan for a programme which is specific and relevant to you.
- Use our – Volunteering activity log to keep track of what you do.
- Print out an Assessor Info card to give to your Assessor
- Once you’ve got your activity, Assessor and goals sorted, set up your plan in eDofE, get your Leader to approve them – and you’re good to go!
- Helping people.
- Community action and raising awareness.
- Coaching, teaching and leadership.
- Working with the environment or animals
- Helping a charity or community organisation.
Good luck and have fun!