DofE Car Tour 2019
30 September – 2 October 2019
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is proud to offer a unique three-day Classic Car Tour adventure, driving through some of England’s most picturesque countryside.
From the glamorous setting of our starting venue to the grand finale at a prestigious dinner venue in Windsor, the journey in your classic car will give exclusive access to private houses, gardens and collections along a carefully chosen scenic route.
Route and venues maybe subject to change
The tour will assemble in Buckinghamshire for a leisurely brunch at a stately home. Then setting off west through the Chilterns into Gloucestershire, arriving in the quaint market town of Broadway, enjoying dinner and an overnight stay at the historic Lygon Arms Hotel.
Today’s route heads south, taking in the very best of the glorious Cotswolds before crossing into Somerset with a stop for lunch not far from Glastonbury. The afternoon drive will take you east over the rolling hills of Dorset, finishing the day at Lainston House, a magnificent country house hotel near Winchester, for tonight’s overnight stay and dinner.
The final day starts with a scenic drive through rural Hampshire and West Sussex, stopping for lunch at a very special venue before heading off on a short afternoon’s drive to your accommodation for the night, Great Fosters Hotel – before finishing the tour with a gala finale reception and dinner at a spectacular location.
- Professionally organised and escorted driving tour with three days of wonderful scenic driving via a specially tailored route
- Relaxed itinerary so you can enjoy the route at your own pace
- Daily pit stops at historic houses, private collections and local sights of special interest
- Dinner for two at a black-tie Gala Dinner
- All meals throughout the tour for two people
- Three nights’ luxury accommodation with suitable parking for two people
- Support team with luggage van to ensure your trip is trouble-free
- Accompanied by experienced Tour Director and expert mechanical support
- Leather bound guide book, including tailored account of sights and visits for each day.
We will be delighted to extend the invitation to the finale dinner in Windsor for friends and family of tour participants (subject to availability) please contact [email protected] for more information.
For any queries or to join our Classic Car Tour, please contact: [email protected]