Join team DofE on the London Winter Walk this January.
The perfect way to start the new year and walk off those Festive celebrations; the London Winter Walk starts and finishes at the Oval Cricket ground with a choice of full marathon, half marathon and 10k distances. You’ll be joining thousands of others as you take in the electric atmosphere and the major sights of the capital while walking to support young people through The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award charity.
There’ll be rest stops along the way with snacks and drinks plus you’ll receive a special medal and hot food at the finish line. Click here for more information about the event.
There are three different ways to sign up.
- Full sponsorship for charity (pay a small registration fee and fundraise for us and we pay for your place)
- Marathon – Reg fee £30, Minimum sponsorship £300
- Half Marathon – Reg fee £20, Minimum sponsorship £225
- 10k – Reg fee £10, Minimum sponsorship £150
- Mix fundraising for charity (pay half your registration fee and fundraise a smaller amount for us and we’ll pay half your place cost)
- Marathon – Reg fee £50, Minimum sponsorship £150
- Half Marathon – Reg fee £40, Minimum sponsorship £120
- 10k – Reg fee £25, Minimum sponsorship £75
To register your place:
- Click on the registration link here
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select ‘Sign up for a listed charity’
- Select your preferred distance and fundraising option
- Select ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award’ as your chosen charity
By walking for team DofE we’ll provide you with all the support you need from setting up fundraising pages, fundraising hints and tips and training advice. Plus, we’ll send you a special ‘Do it for Youth’ t-shirt once you’ve raised your minimum amount of fundraising.
By supporting the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award charity you’ll be supporting young people to take on their own challenges, follow their passions and discover talents they never knew they had. Whatever their ability, interest or background, DofE can be adapted for them. It’s a trusted way for any young person to turn the things they love into lifelong skills that can help them to get a job, change their community and take on anything life throws their way.
If you need any help with registering for the event or would like to find out more information about the event, please contact [email protected].