Join Amiee and Onyii, one of our inspiring DofE Youth Ambassadors, who will be sharing her incredible DofE journey and discussing how leaders can best empower and support young people to have their voices heard and listened to.
|Aim of session:
- To highlight the importance of an active youth voice in DofE and provoke thought and discussion around the strategies in which leaders can best support this
By the end of the session, delegates will…
- Have heard from one of the UK DofE Ambassadors about their own DofE journey and their role as DofE Ambassadors
- Understand the importance of an active youth voice in DofE, with some concrete examples on how they can provide young people with a platform to have their thoughts and ideas heard and listened too
- Understand some of the common barriers to participation in DofE for young people and/or wider issues facing young people in society today, with some ideas on what they can do to help best support meaningful participation
- Have been able to connect and share their thoughts and ideas with other leaders from across Scotland via breakout room discussion