Certificates and badges
What Award badges are there?
When you achieve your Bronze or Silver Award you will be given a DofE badge by your Licensed Organisation/centre. At Gold you can choose between a badge or a brooch, which comes in a velvet pouch – you can view them here. Many uniformed organisations have their own cloth badges which you will also be presented with locally.
How do I receive my certificates for Bronze, Silver and Gold?
- Bronze and Silver: When you achieve your DofE Award you will be given a DofE badge and certificate from your LO or centre.
- Gold: When you achieve your Gold Award you will receive the badge or brooch from your LO or centre. You will then be invited to a presentation at one of the Royal palaces to receive your certificate. Please note this takes around 8-12 months at present.
I have lost my Gold DofE pin/certificate; can the DofE send me a replacement?
We advise that it’s the decision of the DofE Regional/Country Director for the region/country where the individual in question undertook their DofE programme(e.g. where their Licensed Organisation (LO) was located). In terms of evidence we ask that people supply as much as possible. Items might include:
- A photograph or scan of their completed record book or DofE certificate.
- A press cutting about their completion (it’s surprising how common these are).
- A statement from the LO or centre in question stating that they have a record of the participant’s completion.
Ultimately, though, it’s down to the Regional/Country Director to make a judgement on how compelling they find the story. There may be a small charge for administration.