We are delighted that we are now able to take bookings for our Ambassador programme for 2021.
What are DofE Ambassadors and who can be a DofE Ambassador?
They need to be a current Bronze, Silver or Gold participant, or have completed a level of their DofE. A DofE Ambassador should be a young person who will be enthusiastic and helpful, who would be a great addition to a DofE leadership team!
Download the DofE Ambassador role description here.
How are DofE Ambassadors selected?
DofE Managers will be able to select up to one DofE Ambassador per school year group engaged with DofE, so if DofE runs in years 9-13 they can select up to 5 Ambassadors. This will allow the Ambassadors to work within their year group bubbles.
Once the Manager has identified likely young people to become Ambassadors, they need to give them the booking link that they would have been sent by their Operations Officer.
The potential Ambassador can then use that link to book a place on any of the Regional Training events.
Once they have booked their Manager will receive an email to let them know that the potential Ambassador has applied, and it will inform them of the date of the event they are going to attend.
How can Ambassadors help the DofE centre?
– eDofE sessions made easy with more help.
– Social media, website and newsletter – sorted.
–“I will sort that kit store one day”– now is your chance!
– Need a Bronze Leader? Any help chasing Assessor Reports is always needed.
– Promotional events organised and run by the face of DofE.
What’s in it for them?
– Do an hour per week – Volunteering section activity sorted.
– Tailor the role to their interests – event planning, content creation or leadership?
– Take their CV or personal statement to the next level.
– Develop leadership, mentoring and management skills.
– Be the student voice for DofE.
Does it work?
Don’t just take our word for it; DofE Manager Nick Smith from Kidsgrove Secondary School says: “The advantages of having DofE Ambassadors are enormous and existing students have superb role models to aim for. DofE Ambassadors are genuinely integral to the DofE Team.”
This is what Sophie one of our Ambassadors has said: “The DofE has increased my confidence more than any other experiences and opportunities. Becoming an ambassador has helped with this as well and has also helped me to have a greater sense of self-worth and feel as though I am part of a community.”
Code of Conduct and Joining Instructions Safeguarding information for Parents/Carers