This is a team of volunteers led by the Leadership and Expedition Development (LED) Manager, Dawn Scott. The role of the CERTT is to provide opportunities across the Region for DofE Leaders to access outdoor training.
The courses we offer:
– DofE Expedition Skills (DES) – A basic introduction to expedition skills for those wanting to help support the expedition section in their centre.
– Lowland Leader (LL) Training and Assessment – This is a NGB Leadership qualification for those wanting to lead foot expeditions in normal rural countryside.
– Hill and Moorland Leader (HML) Training and Assessment – This is a NGB Leadership qualification for those wanting to lead foot expeditions in hill and moorland areas.
– Expedition Skills Module (ESM) – This module links with the Lowland Leader or Hill and Moorland Leader Assessments, allowing leaders who have already gained these qualifications to become qualified in campcraft, teaching navigation, managing camping and overnight stays.
Our LL, HML and ESM courses are delivered in conjunction with Wayahead Training Ltd. Pre-requirements exist for all of these courses. For information regarding registration for these awards, the syllabi, the pre-requirements, and timescales please visit the Mountain Training website.
– Outdoor First Aid – We offer both eight hour and 16 hour outdoor first aid courses. We can also offer dual accreditation with an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate or First Aid at Work certificate if you already hold this.
– Teaching Participants First Aid – A training course for leaders who want to be able to deliver first aid training to their own participants. Delegates must already hold a valid First Aid certificate.
– Paddlesport Instructor Course – These courses are available on request, for more information please
– Paddlesport Leader Training and Assessment courses
– Hill and Moorland Award taster sessions – Our course provider Wayahead Training are offering Hill and Moorland taster sessions for a nominal fee of £20.
Volunteering for the CERTT
We are looking for volunteers who want to support training to join our team. Our volunteers deliver outdoor skills training and qualifications, first aid training or modular training framework courses. Those joining the team will be passionate about the DofE and the outdoors and about training adults; some roles may require the volunteer to already hold a qualification, whilst for other roles full training will be given.
For information about the roles please see the information and volunteer role descriptions below. If you would like more information on the team then please contact [email protected].