Central England Training Team
Welcome to the information page about the Central England Regional Training Team (CERTT).
This is a team of volunteers led by the Leadership and Expedition Development (LED) Manager, Dawn Scott. The role of the CERTT is to provide opportunities across the Region for DofE Leaders to access training.
We are looking for volunteers who want to support training, to join our team to deliver outdoor skills training and qualifications, first aid training or modular training framework courses. Those joining the team will be passionate about the DofE and the outdoors and about training adults; some roles may require the volunteer to already hold a qualification, whilst for other roles full training will be given.
For information about the roles please click in the information in the panel on the right. If you would like more information on the team then please contact [email protected]
The courses that we will be offering are:
- DofE Expedition Skills (DES)– A basic introduction to expedition skills for those wanting to help support the expedition section in their centre.
- Lowland Leader (LL) Training, Assessment and Expedition Skills modules– a Leadership qualification for those wanting to lead foot expeditions in normal rural countryside.
- Outdoor First Aid– both eight hour and 16 hour outdoor first aid courses
- Teaching participants’ first aid– A training course for leaders who want to be able to deliver first aid training to their own participants.
- Paddlesport Instructor Course
- Paddlesport Leader Training and Assessment courses