Are you looking for more DofE support? School prefects, head boy or girl – why not add a DofE Ambassador into the mix?
Existing Ambassador update sessions
During lockdown, we have heard of many fantastic stories of our DofE Ambassadors continuing to support their centres, DofE Manager and participants. As many of our organisations have not been operating face to face with participants, there may have been some disruption to plans Ambassadors.
Due to this, we have designed a DofE Ambassador Update Workshop which will be delivered online directly by the Central England Regional Office team, with two key aims:
– To continue to engage with our current DofE Ambassadors.
– To bring DofE Ambassadors up to speed with relevant modifications to support their LO’s following COVID 19 and get them ready for the academic year ahead.
We will be inviting our existing DofE Ambassadors directly to attend an online session.For further questions or if you are an existing DofE Ambassador and haven’t received an invite, please email [email protected].
Please see this guide for Parents/Carers of DofE Ambassadors under 18 taking part in the online update session.
DofE Ambassador Programme
What are DofE Ambassadors and who can be a DofE Ambassador?
They need to be a current Bronze, Silver or Gold participant. Your DofE Ambassador should be someone enthusiastic and helpful, who would be a great addition to your DofE team!
Download the DofE Ambassador role description here.
How do I nominate a DofE Ambassador?
DofE Managers will be able to nominate up to two DofE Ambassadors per school/centre each academic year. Please note the nomination process is currently closed, however we are currently working on moving our Ambassador training online and will be relaunching sessions in January. We will share the details with our DofE Managers when nominations reopen. In the meantime, please keep your DofE Ambassadors in mind and take the opportunity to talk to them about the programme and show them the role description.
How can they help your centre?
– eDofE sessions made easy with more help.
– Social media, website and newsletter – sorted.
– “I will sort that kit store one day” – now is your chance!
– Need a Bronze Leader? Any help chasing Assessor Reports is always needed.
– Promotional events organised and run by the face of DofE.
What’s in it for them?
– Do an hour per week – Volunteering section activity sorted.
– Tailor the role to their interests – event planning, content creation or leadership?
– Take their CV or personal statement to the next level.
– Develop leadership, mentoring and management skills.
– Be the student voice for DofE.
Does it work?
Don’t just take our word for it; DofE Manager Nick Smith from Kidsgrove Secondary School says: “The advantages of having DofE Ambassadors are enormous and existing students have superb role models to aim for. DofE Ambassadors are genuinely integral to the DofE Team.”