Are you looking for more DofE support? School prefects, head boy or girl – why not add a DofE Ambassador into the mix?
Important notice – Coronavirus
The health of everybody involved with the DofE is the most important thing to us and will be at the forefront of your minds too. Therefore we are sorry to advise that we will be postponing all DofE Ambassador training days until further notice. We are also not currently taking nominations for DofE Ambassadors.
Who can be a DofE Ambassador?
They need to be a current Bronze, Silver or Gold participant. Your DofE Ambassador should be someone enthusiastic and helpful, who would be a great addition to your DofE team!
Download the DofE Ambassador Role Description here.
How can they help your centre?
– eDofE sessions made easy with more help.
– Social media, website and newsletter – sorted.
– “I will sort that kit store one day” – now is your chance!
– Need a Bronze Leader? Any help chasing Assessor Reports is always needed.
– Promotional events organised and run by the face of DofE.
What’s in it for them?
– Do an hour per week – Volunteering section activity sorted.
– Tailor the role to their interests – event planning, content creation or leadership?
– Take their CV or personal statement to the next level.
– Develop leadership, mentoring and management skills.
– Be the student voice for DofE.
How do I nominate a DofE Ambassador?
Centres can nominate either one or two Ambassadors. Please note all our DofE Ambassador events are currently postponed until further notice and therefore the nomination process is currently closed.
In the meantime, please keep your DofE Ambassadors in mind and take the opportunity to talk to them about the programme and show them the role description.
Help them to take their DofE experience to the next level
DofE Managers will be able to nominate up to two DofE Ambassadors per school/centre each academic year!
Parent/Guardian Letter and Medical Consent form
Please download the parent/guardian letter and medical consent form and give this to your parent/guardian to read. It is really important that this form is returned at least one week before the DofE Ambassador training event. It informs us of any dietary/medical requirements, photo consent, emergency contact details etc.
Does it work?
Don’t just take our word for it; the DofE Manager Nick Smith from Kidsgrove Secondary School says:
“The advantages of having DofE Ambassadors are enormous and existing students have superb role models to aim for. DofE Ambassadors are genuinely integral to the DofE Team.”