The Mill Adventure Base as an Approved Activity Provider for the DofE Expedition Section is offering a training, practice and qualifying Gold expedition package for 2020.
The package is suitable for small groups and individuals who have previously completed their Bronze and/ or Silver award. Initial training & planning will be based at the Mill, with training walk and practice expedition in the Peak district. The final expedition will be in the Yorkshire Dales. Open groups are completely independent to school/ college or university and as such are booked directly with us. All dates must be attended to complete the expedition section.
£450 per person
Comprehensive training, completion & submission of all D of E paperwork, group expedition kit as required (Tents, stoves/gas, rucksacks, roll mats, maps & compasses), campsite fees, expedition supervisors & assessor, transport to & from expedition areas from the Mill.
– 15th April Expedition skills training 9am -4.30pm.(based at the Mill)
– 16th April Training walk. 9am -4.30pm. (meet at the Mill & walk is in the Peak district)
– 17th April Expedition Planning (based at the Mill) 9am-4.30pm. Using eDofE mapping to plan expeditions.
– 27th-29th Practice Expedition July 2020 (Dark Peak)
– 24th-28th Final Expedition including travel August 2020 (Yorkshire Dales)
Book early to avoid disappointment –