We are looking to recruit volunteers to support families in Warwickshire who are caring for a child with complex health care needs at home.
Family home support volunteers will be given comprehensive training to enrich them with the skills and knowledge they will need to support parents/carers and siblings.
We are looking for people over 18 years who are willing to carry out any of the following:-
- An extra pair of hands, helping the children with reading, homework or playing games
- Helping a parent to manage outings during the school holidays
- Providing support on hospital visits or occasional shopping trips
- Providing companionship to a sibling by taking them to the cinema or park
- Providing a listening ear for a parent
Practical Support For example, providing support with:
- Transport by driving a family member to the hospital or the shops
- Helping to pack boxes when moving home
Before starting this volunteering opportunity please make sure you check in with your DofE leader.
If you would like further information and an application form please contact Sharon Elswood, Volunteer Coordinator, Warwick Hospital 01926 495321 ext: 6881
email [email protected]