The Adventure Element provide friendly and professionally delivered Gold expeditions for all young people. Our Open Expedition Programmes are ideal for those who are not able to attend their own groups or schools expedition dates.
Qualifying Walking Expeditions
Mon 21st October – Sat 26th October 2019
Keswick, Lake District
Time will be spent getting to know your group and being fully trained or being refreshed in all the essential expedition skills. This training/refresher follows the DofE training framework and delivered by our instructors. Therefore, no previous Gold expedition experience is required.
**In order to access our Qualifying expeditions, it is essential to have completed a Practice expedition (with any provider) and to be able to provide us with evidence.**
Route planning sessions are built in to our programmes. Once completed, you will undertake your expedition under the remote supervision of an experienced and qualified instructor.
WHAT THE ADVENTURE ELEMENT WILL PROVIDE:
• Tent (shared 2/3 man tents)
• Stove and fuel (1 per tent)
• First aid kit (1 per team)
• Emergency shelters (2 per team)
• Maps and Compass (2 per team)
• All camping fees
• 2 nights hostel or bunk house accommodation + breakfast and evening meal (shared dormitory rooms)
• GPS Tracking device (1 per team)
• DofE Safety Supervisors / Assessors.
£275 per person, per expedition.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
FREE – Food whilst at bunkhouse
EXCLUSIVE – GPRS Tracking device used on each team
ONLINE BOOKING AVAILABLE