This Cardiac & Pulmonary Medicine programme is designed to provide you with real hands-on experience in a clinical environment, under the guidance of our team of expert doctors and nurses. You will be able to explore the many fascinating practical applications of cardiopulmonary medicine, including carrying out your own ECG!
• Listen to lung sounds for disease diagnosis.
• Conduct your own 3 lead ECG.
• Utilise NEWS charts to monitor a patient’s condition over time.
• Test lung function using spirometry and peak flow assessment.
• Dive into emergency patient care including CPR, trauma response and the fundamentals of patient triage.
• Carry out a cardiac and respiratory examination and identify common abnormalities.
• Learn to take and interpret chest X-Rays.
This programme is taught with a very low student-to-tutor ratio, so you will likely meet several different doctors during your time with us. This also allows you to spend as much time as necessary to practice techniques until you are confident. The Cardiac & Pulmonary Medicine programme is designed for students aged 16-19 hoping to study healthcare related subjects such Medicine, Nursing and Biomedical Science at university. Your experience will act as a great point of reference during university application and interview processes.