This Orthopaedic Care programme is designed to provide you with real experience in a clinical environment, under the guidance of our team of expert doctors and nurses. You will unpack orthopaedic medicine from birth to death with our experienced clinicians, including practicing bone casting on fellow participants.
• Get to grips with musculoskeletal trauma treatments.
• Master the art of interpreting X-Rays.
• Explore preventative nutrition and bone health.
• Practice plaster casting broken bones.
• Discover and utilise intraosseous infusion.
• Utilise ultrasound scanning to explore joint anatomy.
This programme is taught with a very low student-to-tutor ratio, so you will likely meet several different doctors during your time with us. This also allows you to spend as much time as necessary to practice techniques until you are confident. The Orthopaedic Care programme is designed for students aged 16-19 hoping to study healthcare related subjects such Medicine, Nursing and Biomedical Science at university. Your experience will act as a great point of reference during university application and interview processes.