For DofE volunteering we can only currently take young people aged 16 years and over
Foxton Locks is a beautiful site in Market Harborough. Experience colourful boats, count the locks at the long Lock Flight, take a boat trip, or just relax at the café or picnic spots. The site also has a museum called The Boiler House.
There are a wide range of fun activities young people can get involved in throughout the year.
These range from practical tasks such as:
- Preparing and painting a lock,
- Patching tarmac and bridge maintenance
- Jet Wash fencing and retaining wall / seating / signs, and treat with teak oil.
- Pruning and much more
- Other tasks also include:
- Updating and developing websites / Twitter for Boiler House Museum
- Helping in Museum
- Helping at festivals – Foxton Festival.
- Helping out with children through the Explorers Education Team.
We are flexible and can work around your availability.
We are located at:
Gumley Rd, Foxton,
Please contact Alex Goode on [email protected] or 07917 261411.