Join us as a Young Explainer
We are looking for volunteers aged between 16 and 24 who are interested in a career in museums or education; or who are completing their DofE.
We are looking for volunteers who can support our learning programme with some or all of the
- To work with other volunteers to deliver interactive educational activities for children, families and the general public
- To lead or assist with family activities at museum events.
- To become gallery explainers, talking to the public about the history of the docks and local waterways, as well as about our museum objects.
- To be ambassadors for our museum and for our learning programmes.
We are looking for young people who can volunteer flexibly at weekends and during school holidays. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one day a week.
Skills and experience
We are looking for volunteers who have;
- A desire to gain practical work experience and to learn new skills.
- The confidence to engage with the public.
- The ability to enthuse visitors through activities and conversations.
- The ability to volunteer flexibly.
- The ability to get to the museum.
Support and training
We give you full training and provide resources for delivering activities and speaking to the public through a number of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an Education Coordinator as well as the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
We are looking for volunteers to join our existing team at National Waterways Museum Gloucester, Llanthony Warehouse, Gloucester Docks, GL1 2EH.
To find out more
Contact Helen Evans: [email protected]