Sew It Level 1
A perfect choice for the skills section of your DofE. Over three months students learn to create 5 different sewing machine projects. Each module takes around a week with several projects spread over two weeks. The final three weeks are given over to designing and producing their own sewing project with both photographic and written planning/design evidence. Once we have this we submit the assessor report. We are on hand throughout by email.
Level 1 can be chosen for all awards, Bronze, Silver and Gold. You can progress to level 2 if you’d like to use this skill for your Gold award meeting the criteria of completing 6 months of learning a new skill.
- Module one – Get to know your machine- threading and stitch practice
- Module two – hair scrunchies
- Module three – bunting
- Module four – drawstring bag
- Module five/six- envelope cushion cover
- Module seven/eight – lined zip bag
- Module nine/ten – lined tote bag
- module eleven – sewing project proposal with design
- Module twelve/thirteen – project completion
Key Skills: Machine use, threading, zip, embellishments, lining, design, planning