On this course, you will learn how to turn ideas into creative, original writing.
Whether you’re interested in fiction or want to write screenplays, it’ll help you to create impact with the right choice of words and provides a structured approach to establishing a life in writing.
During this course you will:
– learn how to find inspiration
– focus on how to turn ideas into writing
– find the right ingredients for your chosen discipline, including how to – develop a character and how to create the most effective context
– learn that the first draft is never the last
– take part in writing workshops where you will share and discuss work and give and receive constructive feedback.
You are invited to bring along any examples of writing that you admire such as a favourite book, poem, article or song lyrics.
By the end of the course you will be confident in your writing abilities and understand the step-by-step process of how to create impact.
You should have a passion for writing and an interest in developing your personal approach.
You will be studying creative writing in a UNESCO City of Literature, and be based in the School of Arts and Humanities on the City Campus.