Nottingham is famous for its fashion industry, being the home of international designer Paul Smith and a host of innovative boutique stores.
And NTU students have been winning awards at all the major fashion competitions for many years.
So why not become part of the creative action and develop your fashion knowledge and portfolio on our annual summer course, perfect for the next generation of fashion designers?
On this course you’ll learn how to create fashion concepts, taking your designs from an initial idea and sketch to a developed garment.
During this course you will:
– develop your personal approach to fashion concept development
– research themes and trends and apply them to your work
– explore fashion ideas in 2D and 3D
– learn how to create contemporary fashion illustrations
– experiment with draping fabric on a mannequin to create contemporary fashion forms
– produce a garment using unconventional, second hand materials.
By the end of the course you’ll have a portfolio of new drawings and designs, plus examples of working in 3D.
You’ll have real hands-on experience of what it’s like to be a fashion student at university, and an understanding of what admissions tutors are looking for. It’s ideal if you’re looking to progress into fashion design, accessory design or costume.