This course is ideal if you’re interested in writing or music and wish to develop competent song writing skills.
Rather than following rules and rigid formulas, the emphasis is placed on concepts and individuality, making song writing a truly creative learning process.
The course will be delivered as a combination of lectures and practical workshops.
The ideal attendee is someone who wishes to become an authentic song writer or musician who has a deeper understanding of how songs are written and why they work.
The learning will therefore largely involve creative song writing and independent thinking.
However, for those of you who are musicians, an element of performance will feature during the final sessions.
On this course, you will:
– learn about rhythm, melody and harmony
– explore philosophical concepts of sincerity in singing and lyrical precision
– consider different sounds in context
– improve your understanding of the creative process
– become part of a network of song writers and musicians
– share your work-in-progress
– experience recording, mixing and mastering technology.
You’ll leave the course with new poetic skills, enhanced musical understanding, creative confidence and a basic grasp of industry-level recording software.