This opportunity includes working with the Collections Manager on maintenance, display and research within the collection. Also helping deliver interactive interpretation across the museum.
This will appeal to people with a real interest in history and who enjoy working with objects and people.
- Cataloguing of records.
- Object cleaning.
- Researching collection.
- Working on exhibition research.
- Maintenance of exhibition displays (working with Site Maintenance Volunteer Team).
Our aim is to bring the objects alive. First by researching about them, cleaning them and then either in a temporary exhibition or at a special event, sharing the object with the public in an exciting and different way.
- Effective communicator.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Willing to learn new skills and techniques.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- General knowledge of history of canals desirable.
- General knowledge of history desirable.
- Proactive approach.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.