We are looking for a cooking buddy to assist the people we support in the Staines area with cooking activities.
You need to have a passion for cooking and assist the people we support to develop a range of cooking skills in a hands on setting, such as the kitchen and supermarket. We are looking for someone who is a good communicator, able to work one to one or with a group of people, and willing to share the fun and enjoyment of cooking.
Activities will include
• Helping to prepare nutritious meals.
• Supporting with meal planning.
• Assisting the people we support to make healthy purchases.
• Giving guidance on various kitchen skills such as hygiene and measurements.
Activities will not include
• No financial assistance.
• No personal care.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A good listener
• Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
• Willing to commit to volunteer regularly
This volunteering activity is only available for participants over the age of 18.
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 other people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK. We help them to live more independently and access their local communities.
If you’re interested in the role, but would like to meet the adults before making a commitment, to ensure you are happy with the role – this is fine.
This opportunity is only available for Silver and Gold Award participants
For more information please go to the Dimensions website.