The Adventure Element provide friendly and professionally delivered Gold expeditions for all young people. Our Open Expedition Programmes are ideal for those who are not able to attend their own groups or schools expedition dates.
Qualifying Walking Expeditions
Mon 19th October – Sat 24th October 2020 | Lake District
Mon 19th October – Sat 24th October 2020 | Peak District
Mon 26th October – Sat 30th October 2020 | Lake District
Time will be spent getting to know your group and being fully trained or being refreshed in all the essential expedition skills. This training/refresher follows the DofE training framework and delivered by our instructors. Therefore, no previous Gold expedition experience is required.
**In order to access our Qualifying expeditions, it is essential to have completed a Practice expedition (with any provider) and to be able to provide us with evidence.**
Route planning sessions are built in to our programmes. Once completed, you will undertake your expedition under the remote supervision of an experienced and qualified instructor.
WHAT THE ADVENTURE ELEMENT WILL PROVIDE:
• Tent (individual tents)
• Stove and fuel (1 per person)
• First aid kit (1 per team)
• Emergency shelters (2 per team)
• Maps and Compass (1 per person)
• All camping fees
• Water purification
• Coloured ‘Team’ rucksack covers
• Training / familiarisation at our Expedition base camp
• GSM Tracking device (1 per team)
• COVID-19 Emergency pouch (1 per person)
• DofE Safety Supervisors / Assessors
£285 per person, per expedition.
ONLINE BOOKING AVAILABLE