What is the board about?
A Youth Advisory Board, also known as YAB, is a group of young people and professionals that meet up on a regular basis.
The main aim of the YAB is to ensure our work is relevant and meets the needs of young people throughout the UK.
As a Youth Advisor, you have the opportunity to work with staff across the organisation, provide insights on our content, services and communication with young people.
Who can take part?
Any young person aged 11-17 interested can join.
We welcome young people from all communities, backgrounds and beliefs, especially those that feel unheard within society.
Whether you gamble yourself, experiencing gambling related harm, affected by someone else’s gambling or have never gambled at all, you are invited to take part.
Who Are We?
The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) are a group of young people from across the entire UK who meet weekly to ensure GamCare’s work is relevant and meets the needs of young people.
We offer our advice and opinion on every area of the organisation. We have chosen our main priorities for the year, which you can see below.
How does it work?
We meet every week via Zoom to discuss important topics, influence change in how we engage with young people and create content for social media, our website and beyond.
Priorities For 2022-23
– Working alongside staff and directors regularly.
– Reviewing and editing the BigDeal website.
– Developing social media content and blogs.
– Being part of GamCare’s recruitment process.
– Raising awareness by holding events and public speaking.
– Helping GamCare to connect with young people in an effective and engaging way.
What do we offer in return?
– Have your voice heard!
– Meet other young people from across the UK.
– Develop skills and gain new training & experiences.
– High street voucher in return for your efforts.
– Meals and expenses covered.
– Help you achieve your Duke of Edinburgh Award.