Fancy doing something different for your Gold Expedition? Why not consider doing your expedition by canoe. Our Open Expeditions by Canoe are a unique way of doing your DofE Expedition on some of the UK’s picturesque rivers. We have an opportunity for individuals or small groups to join together with a small group to complete your Gold Qualifying Expedition by canoe on the River Wye along the Welsh-English border from Glasbury to Monmouth.
You will need to have completed your Canoe Training and at least 1 Practice Expedition in accordance with the 20 Expedition Conditions, and be signed off ready to do your Qualifying Expedition. Opportunities exist to have completed this through ourselves on our Open Gold Training & Practice Expeditions in April 2019.
– Supervision and Assessment from our team of qualified and friendly canoe coaches
– Group Equipment (tents, stoves, fuel, maps and a group first aid kit)
– Canoeing Equipment (canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids, throw lines)
– Dry bags to store your kit
– Camp Site Fees
– AALA License, Public Liability Insurance, and admin
The course runs from Thurs 4th – Mon 8th July 2019. The first day is an acclimatisation and team building day, where you will meet and get to know the members of your team and to spend time on the river refreshing your paddling skills. The expedition will then last for 4 days from Friday to Monday, finishing at Monmouth.
For further details, please see our web site www.karosadventure.com