YOU’VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE TO COMPLETE YOUR DOFE EXPEDITION SECTION. WE DELIVER HIGH QUALITY AND ENJOYABLE OPEN PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING EXPEDITIONS IN THE YORKSHIRE DALES AND LAKE DISTRICT.
There are many reasons why young people need to join a DofE open expedition group and there are lots of positives in joining one too, you will meet new people and hopefully begin to make lifelong friendships.
We are here for you and our aim is to make your open expedition as enjoyable as possible. It can be a scary and daunting prospect but you will be joining likeminded individuals to complete your practice or qualifying expedition. You can choose to do a practice or qualifying expedition, most participants though choose to join us for both their practice and qualifying expedition.
Your group will be given a highly qualified instructor that will work with you for the duration of the practice and be dedicated to your training. You will be supported every step of the way ensuring that all the skills you need are taught and that you are given every opportunity to develop in confidence.
WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU:
• A pre-expedition information sent by email with everything you need to know about your expedition: including information on how to get to the venue and a complete kit list.
• Accommodation throughout the expedition which will either be in a campsite or wild camping.
• For all expeditions: free use of our tents, stoves, maps and compasses if needed.
• Comprehensive training covering all aspects of the DofE syllabus, therefore you do not need any experience or have done any training prior to joining the expedition.
• On completion of one of your practice expedition, you will have all aspects of training signed off (providing that you meet the required standard).
• A dedicated instructor for your group throughout the expedition.
• Accredited Assessors for the qualifying expedition. They are there to ensure you meet the required standards but in a relaxed and supportive environment.
• An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
YOU NEED TO ARRANGE:
• Transport to and from the expedition
• Equipment. We will give you a comprehensive kit list.
• All of your own food, but we will give you as much advice on this as you need.
SAVE 15% IF YOU BOOK YOUR PRACTICE AND QUALIFIER TOGETHER.