Hampshire County Council are thrilled to offer a 5 day/4-night Introduction to Medicine residential, in conjunction with Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Are you thinking about becoming a Doctor? If yes, then this is the residential for you!
Dorset County Hospital and local bunkhouse accommodation
Monday 17th July to Friday 21st July 2023
- Accommodation and all meals.
- Transport from and to Winchester (if required)
- All transfers to and from Dorset Country Hospital.
- This 5-day residential combines theory with practical experience around life as a medical student and junior doctor, with a focus on key transferable skills.
- A written reference from the hospital for your future applications in the medicine world!
- Specialities talks, meeting trainee doctors and medical students.
- Life as a medical student.
- Life as a junior doctor.
- How to progress as a doctor.
- Work experience and volunteering opportunities.
- Medicine in Developing World.
- Shadowing opportunities with doctors.
- Practical skills.
- Simulation and Resus training.
- Talks from Southampton medical school: to include; top tips on how to write a personal statement.
“A Very good and enjoyable residential, I gained a valuable insight to medicine and would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to pursue a career in medicine”- Thomas- Romsey
“Really fun residential! It was really interesting hearing from lots of different specialties and also spending time with other people doing their Gold DofE”- Jasmine- Wycombe Abbey School
Details and booking
For more information on the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Gold Residential, contact: [email protected] or to book visit our Hampshire DofE Gold Residential | Hampshire County Council (hants.gov.uk)