• Dormitory accommodation at Minstead Study Centre, in the heart of the New Forest National Park.
• All food and meals.
• Evening activities.
• Transport (if required) from Southampton train station to Minstead Study Centre on the first and last day.
This project aims to improve access to parts of the Centre’s 7 acre site for the thousands of visitors that stay at the Centre each year. This involves physical outdoor work with our site team, and might include:
• Helping to give parts of the site better wheelchair access – creating and improving the existing paths to improve access to wheelchair bound visitors.
• Work on creating a new bridge, new outdoor shelter and / or seating area.
• Work in and around our pond and stream to aid access
• Grounds work in and around our large vegetable garden (creating or maintaining raised beds and compost areas)
This project is about the land. As well as working on the site on the specific landscaping projects, participants will:
• Spend some time harvesting and processing food from the large Centre allotment to use in the meals eaten on the course.
• Spend a day out in the New Forest on a local hike, meeting forest rangers and others involved in the management of this special area.
When: Monday 15th – Friday 19th August 2022