We are currently recruiting for activity volunteers nationwide for a number of our services.
When convenient for both residents and volunteers, but ideally a few hours a month
– The volunteer will plan, set up and facilitate activities in conjunction with residents
– Volunteers may have specific skills or interests which they wish to share with the group
– Support the residents with arts and craft activities
– Organise games afternoons
– Adapt activities and support residents to include anybody who wishes to join the activity
Requirements of Role
Full induction training including;
-Information on Leonard Cheshire
-Leonard Cheshire’s policies and procedures, including boundaries
-Moving & Handling
Supervision and support
– All new volunteers will be introduced to relevant paid staff and other volunteers they may come into contact with.
-Regular group review and support meetings will be arranged on a six-monthly basis. Additional one-to-one support meetings can also be arranged if required.
– Application form
– 2 References
– Informal interview
– Enhanced DBS check
If based within a Leonard Cheshire care home in England this role will be subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021. Successful volunteer applicants will need to be able to evidence to our satisfaction that they are, or will be vaccinated by 11 November 2021, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.