We are currently recruiting for volunteer befrienders nationwide for a number of our services.
When convenient for both residents and volunteers, but ideally a few hours a month
Volunteer befrienders can spend time with our customers doing various day to day activities including, but not limited to:
– Watching TV/Films
– Help with online activities,
– In house activities
– social occasions
– Music festivals etc.
Requirements of Role
– Enhanced criminal records check
– Two satisfactory references
– Leonard Cheshire Induction Training
– Moving and handling training (including assisting a wheelchair user)
– Any other training as required for the role
If based within a Leonard Cheshire care home in England this role will be subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021. Successful volunteer applicants will need to be able to evidence to our satisfaction that they are, or will be vaccinated by 11 November 2021, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.