RAW Adventures can provide training and assessment courses for Mountain Training’s Lowland Leader qualification scheme. This nationally recognised scheme has been designed for people who wish to lead groups on day walks in lowland countryside and woodland in summer conditions. The scope and accessibility for this scheme makes it very achievable and appropriate for Duke of Edinburgh leaders and volunteer staff, for example. It is a nationally recognised walking qualification that opens up a natural pathway to other Mountain Training qualifications for leading and working with others in the outdoors. We are also happy to run bespoke courses for groups at an agreed location. Please contact us to discuss further.
Checklist for booking:
– You must be at least 17 years old
– You have an interest in leading groups in lowland countryside
– Create a Candidate account on Mountain Training’s website
– Register for the Lowland Leader scheme (this costs £45 and is extra to our course costs)
– Record a minimum of 10 varied walks in Lowland terrain before attending a training course OR have attended a Mountain Training Hill & Mountain Skills course