Do you want to learn how to make money from investing but don’t know where to start?
Our online, self-paced course will teach you essential investing skills to set you up for life from a personal finance and investment expert.
How does the course work?
The course is online, can be started at any time and is self-paced so you can fit it around existing commitments. Each week consists of a video to watch, followed by a practical task to help you develop your business skills.
Our courses are tailored to young people, with lots of practical tips and step-by-step real-life challenges.
We offer the option of three, six and twelve month courses, covering investing in addition to money management, business and life skills.
What will the course cover?
Our three-month course on “how to invest in shares” covers the knowledge you’ll need to buy and sell shares:
• You’ll learn about the basics of owning shares, why share prices move and how you can make a profit from owning shares.
• We’ll teach you how to create a balanced portfolio and how to balance risk and reward.
• You’ll research different sectors to see which would have made you the most money.
• We’ll explain how to analyse which shares to buy, including a simple introduction to valuation and key measures.
• You’ll compare some of the trading platforms on offer and the fees they charge.
• At this stage, you’re ready to start the share challenge. You’ll pick four shares and set up a virtual portfolio. Over five weeks, you’ll review how they perform against their peers, learn about dividends, tools to limit potential losses and work out the final profit or loss you’ve made.