Do you wish you had more money but don’t know where to start? Do you want to be a more savvy shopper, learn how to buy a house or car and earn some extra money from a side hustle?
Our online, self-paced course will teach you essential money management and investing skills to set you up for life from a personal finance and investment expert.
How does the course work?
The course is online, can be started at any time and is self-paced so you can fit it around existing commitments. The course material is delivered via your online account on our website.
Each week consists of a video to watch, followed by a practical (but theoretical!) task to help you develop your money management skills. Together, the video and task should take an hour to complete.
Our courses are tailored to young people, with lots of practical tips and step-by-step real-life challenges.
We offer the option of three, six and twelve month courses, also covering investing, business and life skills.
What will the course cover?
Our three-month course on “how to manage your money” covers all the skills you need to take control of your personal finances:
• You’ll learn about how to choose the best bank accounts and credit cards and the basics of budgeting.
• We’ll teach you how to be a savvy shopper when it comes to price.
• We’ll suggest ways you can earn some extra money from a side hustle, and how to find the best value mobile phone contract.
• You’ll learn everything you need to know about owning a car, getting your first job and buying a home.
• The final part of the course introduces investing in the stock market, including buying shares and investing in an ISA.
How does the sign-off process work?
We are a licensed Skills Section Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. This means our courses meet the requirements of the skills section for Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
When you sign up, we will provide the necessary details for your eDofE account.
Once you’ve completed the course, we will complete your personalised assessor’s report, and sign off your skills section as completed and send you a certificate of achievement.