Do you aspire to set up your own business but don’t know where to start? Or do you want to learn a range of business skills to help with your future career?
Our online courses will teach you the essential marketing, financial and website skills you need to set up a business from a financial and investment expert.
How does the course work?
The courses are online and can be started at any time, with the option of three, six and twelve month courses, including money management and investing skills.
Our courses are tailored to young people, with lots of practical tips, step-by-step real-life challenges and inspiring case studies.
There is a weekly video to watch, followed by a task to help you build your business skills.
What does the course cover?
Our three-month course covers the basic skills you need to set up your own business:
• You’ll learn about how to create and research your business idea.
• We’ll teach you what you need to know about creating a business plan, together with the basic finance skills you need to get to grips with the financial side of running your own business.
• You’ll learn how to create a brand identity, including how to choose a brand name, select a domain and create an eye-catching logo. You’ll learn about the different ways of advertising and marketing your business.
• We’ll teach you how to build a website, including selecting a domain and choosing your hosting platform.
• You’ll learn how search engine optimisation skills, including how to rank on Google searches and how to be effective in promoting your business online