Do you want to learn a range of financial, marketing and website skills to help with your future career? Or do you aspire to set up your own business but don’t know how?
Our online, self-paced course will teach you the essential business skills you need from a financial and investment expert.
How does the course work?
The course is online, can be started at any time and is self-paced so you can fit it around existing commitments. The course material is delivered via your online account on our website.
Each week consists of a video to watch, followed by a practical (but theoretical!) task to help you develop your business skills. Together, the video and task should take an hour to complete.
Our courses are tailored to young people, with lots of practical tips, step-by-step real-life challenges and inspiring case studies.
We offer the option of three, six and twelve month courses, also covering money management, investing and life skills.
What will the course cover?
This three-month course covers the basic skills you need to set up your own business:
• You’ll learn how to create and research your business idea.
• We’ll teach you what you need to know about creating a business plan, together with the basic finance skills you need to get to grips with the financial side of running your own business.
• You’ll learn how to create a brand identity, including how to choose a brand name, select a domain and create an eye-catching logo. You’ll learn about the different ways of advertising and marketing your business.
• We’ll teach you how to build a website, including selecting a domain and choosing your hosting platform.
• You’ll learn search engine optimisation skills, including how to rank on Google searches and how to be effective in advertising and marketing your business online.
How does the sign-off process work?
We are a licensed Skills Section Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. This means our courses meet the requirements of the skills section for Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
When you sign up, we will provide the necessary details for your eDofE account.
Once you’ve completed the course, we will complete your personalised assessor’s report, send you a certificate of achievement and sign off your skills section as completed.