Do you wish you had more money but don’t know where to start?
Our six-month course will teach you essential money management and investing skills to set you up for life from a personal finance and investment expert.
They’re tailored to young people, with lots of practical tips and step-by-step real-life challenges, with one-to-one feedback.
The first part of the course will focus on money management to cover all the skills you need to take control of your personal finances:
• You’ll learn about how to choose the best bank accounts and credit cards and the basics of budgeting.
• We’ll teach you what to look out for when buying online and how to be a savvy shopper when it comes to price.
• We’ll suggest ways you can earn some extra money from a side hustle, and how to find the best value mobile phone contract.
• You’ll learn everything you need to know about owning a car and getting your first job.
• The final part of the course introduces investing in the stock market, including buying shares and investing in an ISA
The second part of the course will focus on how to invest in shares:
• You’ll learn about the basics of owning shares, why share prices move and how you can make a profit from owning shares.
• We’ll teach you how to create a balanced portfolio and how to balance risk and reward.
• You’ll research different sectors to see which would have made you the most money.
• We’ll explain how to analyse which shares to buy, including a simple introduction to valuation and key measures.
• You’ll compare some of the trading platforms on offer and the fees they charge.
• At this stage, you’re ready to start the share challenge. You’ll pick four shares and set up a virtual portfolio. Over four weeks, you’ll review how they perform against their peers, learn about dividends, tools to limit potential losses and work out the final profit or loss you’ve made.
By the end, you should be confident to buy and sell shares, including sharing your new-found expertise with friends and family.