No Limits Development are offering this opportunity to small groups and individuals who are unable to complete their expedition at their school or unit. We at No Limits Development offer a unique opportunity to complete your Open Gold Expedition via two modes of travel – Walking and Canoeing.
This is an extremely rewarding expedition in some of the most spectacular scenery in the UK. Complete your Gold expeditions by combining trekking amongst spectacular mountain scenery within some of our finest National Parks. Then continue by canoeing along one of the classic waterways of the UK. Where you can stop for lunch along the river banks and observe a variety of wildlife in its natural surroundings.
- Canoe Training – Lake District
- Practice – Lake District
- Qualifier – Black Mountains
- Canoe Training £144.00 per person
- Practice Expedition £390.00 per person
- Qualifying Expedition £390.00 per person
*Inclusive of all fees and hire charges
Dates and Location
These extremely rewarding expeditions are delivered within the beautiful surroundings of the Lake District, (recently designated as an UNESCO World Heritage Site), Brecon Beacons and the River Wye.
The dates for these expeditions are:
Optional Canoe Training in the Lake District
Monday 28th – Tuesday 29th May 2018
Practice Expedition in the Lake District
Wednesday 30th May – Sunday 3rd June 2018
Qualifying Expedition in the Black Mountains
Monday 20th – Friday 24th August 2018
All the locations we use for our Open Gold Expeditions are easily accessible by car, bus and rail links.
To undertake these expeditions the DofE requires you to be competent in both modes of travel. The expedition skills training and canoe refresher will be covered as part of our Practice expedition. However we can take a more flexible approach to the canoe skills training – some suggestions would be:
- Undertake training at your own leisure to either achieve the BCU 2 star award or provide a signed letter from an appropriate BCU coach, stating you are competent in line with the DofE canoe training framework.
- Attend a No Limits Development intensive 2 day canoe training programme, prior to the practice expedition, to build your skills and confidence in boat handling.
For more information please contactTony Ward or Matt Simmon on 01539 432342 or Email – [email protected]