Volunteer with elephants in beautiful Thailand, helping to care for gentle giants that have been rescued from the tourism and logging industries. These elephants have been forced to do back-breaking work in the past, and now is their chance to enjoy life.
What’s it all about?
The sanctuary is currently home to over 20 elephants. Volunteers help to care for them in a variety of ways:
– harvesting food for the ellies
– preparing food for the ellies
– feeding the ellies
– helping to bathe the elephants
– helping to walk the elephants
– creating enrichments for the elephants
– doing basic building and maintenance work around the centre
– general conservation work in the pools and around the sanctuary
You can volunteer here for 1 – 12 weeks throughout the year.
Accommodation and food
You will be living in volunteer accommodation at the centre of the sanctuary. You will fall asleep to the sounds of the wildlife! Volunteers share a room with at least one other person.
You will receive 3 meals per day. Breakfast is DIY eggs, cereals, toasts and fruits. Lunch and dinner are cooked by locals and involve both Asian and western meals.
How much does it cost?
1 week costs £779. Extra weeks cost £195 per week.
How do I get involved?
For more information please go to https://www.oysterworldwide.com/project/thailand-volunteer-elephants/
Alternatively, please contact Destination Manager, Anne, at [email protected] or on +44 (0) 1892 770771.