Lego Club Lego building club for primary school children. The aim is to help children develop motor skills, and life skills such as creativity, problem solving, communication, and to introduce children to the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) agenda. The role requires someone to set up the equipment, sit with the participants, to create a theme for the participants to work towards each week and to help promote to other customers. This position also requires the volunteer to have a DBS check.
- preparing the library for the appropriate session – e.g. arranging furniture, setting out Lego and additional materials
- meeting and greeting the participants, making everyone feel welcome
- coming up with a theme for the session and researching new ideas for participants to create.
- chatting to the attendees, ensuring the atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and all-inclusive
- explaining and supervising craft and other practical activities
- promoting library services
- directing specific enquiries to library staff
- clearing the area once the session ends, returning furniture as required
Participants should be 14 before starting this volunteering opportunity.
Please make sure you speak to your DofE leader before starting this volunteering activity.
For more information please contact [email protected]