Outdoor Activities and Qualifications (future outdoor instructor development) – Peak District
The Residentials will take place on the following dates:
• Mon 23rd – Sun 29th July 2018, Outdoor Activities and Qualifications (future outdoor instructor development), Peak District , (including two days spent in Snowdonia or Lake District);
• Mon 30th July – Sun 5th August 2018, Outdoor Activities and Qualifications (future outdoor instructor development), Peak District, (including two days spent in Snowdonia or Lake District);
• Mon 29th October – Sun 4th November 2018, Peak District, Outdoor Activities and Conservation Work
This residential is based in the heart of the Peak District National Park and sets an exciting itinerary for young people who are interested in the outdoors – whether that is developing their own skills for future adventures or thinking of a career as an outdoor instructor. The course is run by experienced Mountaineering Instructors who have many years of delivering courses in the outdoors at the highest level and believe that fun, quality training can inspire young people for many years to come. The itinerary has been deliberately set with both enjoyment and the quality of the experience gained in mind. Over the seven days we incorporate a range of activities including the following:
• Introduction to Mountain Leadership;
• National Navigation Award Scheme;
• ITC certified outdoor first aid training;
• Rock climbing;
• A Tyrolean Traverse;
• Mountain Biking;
• Bushcraft and Outdoor Land Management with The National Trust.
During the residential, the emphasis is on skill development and learning so at the end of the week, participants can walk away with not only some certificates for their CVs, but skills to begin their own independent adventures and experience to build on for the future. We sit down with everyone at the beginning of the residential to ascertain their own goals and wishes for the week and build this into the itinerary to make things as tailored as possible to individuals. Accommodation is in a local bunkhouse with the cost including breakfasts, evening meals and packed lunches each day, hire of all equipment, qualified, experienced and friendly instructors. This week is all about fun in the outdoors so be ready to be inspired!
£375.00. Click here for full details.