Who are we?
We’re the people who create revitalising holidays for disabled people and carers. Over the past 55 years, we have perfected our much loved holiday experience, including a vast and varied range of excursions, daily activities and live entertainment, coupled with expert 24-hour nurse-led care. We are the largest provider of respite holidays in the UK and we cater for every type of impairment, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, stroke, dementia and many more.
Our holidays also give carers the opportunity to have a rest too. They can either choose to accompany their loved one, or enjoy their own break elsewhere, safe in the knowledge that we will take care of everything.
Volunteer and be part of something amazing!
We are dedicated to making sure that each and every guest has the break they need, and we simply couldn’t achieve this without our army of incredible volunteers. We provide 24-hour on call nursing care but it is our volunteers who are the magic ingredient of Revitalise and our guests so often tell us that it was the volunteers that made their holiday truly special!
We are looking for volunteers local to our centres to help out whenever they can; providing companionship and support at the centre or on excursions. You could spend time; chatting with guests, accompanying them on excursions, supporting at a coffee morning or with the activities that take place in the centre. There are endless possibilities of how you can get involved and we know we can find a role that suits you. Join us and help make our guests’ holidays truly revitalising.
Did you know?
- No experience is necessary to volunteer with us and all ages from 16 plus are welcome.
- We only ask for our volunteers to be friendly and any time you can give is greatly appreciated!
- There’s no cost to volunteer with us! We will provide food if you are volunteering with us over meal times and also reimburse your travel expenses up to £60.
- There is so much to gain from volunteering. You can learn and enhance skills, broaden your outlook, develop as an individual and of course, have fun and make lasting memories!
- Our volunteers come from all walks of life, all ages and from all over the world. It is a perfect chance to make life-long friends!
- We are an Approved Activity Provider for the DofE, welcoming volunteers who are completing the volunteering sections of their Bronze, Silver and Gold DofE Award.
- We are proud to say that 92% of our volunteers would like to come back and volunteer again!
Which one of our centres suits you?
You can volunteer in one of our three respite holiday centres.
Jubilee Lodge – Chigwell, Essex
Jubilee Lodge offers the best of both worlds, set in a leafy, peaceful location but within easy reach of the world famous attractions of London.
Netley Waterside House – Southampton, Hampshire
Netley offers gorgeous sea views and is ideally placed to access the South Coast region’s rich cultural heritage and tourist attractions.
Sandpipers – Southport, Merseyside
Overlooking the picturesque Marine Lake in Southport, Sandpipers is just a short drive from the trendy cities of Manchester and Liverpool, as well as the rolling countryside of the North-West.
We’d love YOU to say, VolunteerMe!
For information or to arrange your placement:
T: 0303 303 0163